Droog, founded in 1993, is one of the most creative labels in the world. Our current program is Design+Desires (www.designdesires.nl) is a people centered urban research-and-do program which initiates various projects and activities on city making and beyond. Driven by a highly motivated and ambitious team of designers, architects and other professionals, Design+Desires is aiming to create innovative concepts for the city of the 21st century. Our tools are social quick scans, gamified polls, social media campaigns, personal interviews and design scenarios.
We are looking for a creative intern to assist our Design+Desires team on a fulltime basis for a minimum of six months.
• Create clear engaging content, graphics and design layouts for our Design+Desires platform, social media accounts, online and email newsletters, polls and blogs;
• Support developing design concepts;
• Come up with new ideas and topics for our blog and social media networks and the Design+Desires program in general;
• Assist our creative team with the production of new articles on a variety of topics from fashion to design to food, for our social media and blog;
• General editorial duties like fact checking, interviewing, transcribing and copy editing (English).
• Supporting our public events in Hôtel Droog.
• Born communicator
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English (preferably also Dutch)
• Proficient in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
• Savvy in blogging and active user of social media including Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest
• Extremely organized, very attentive to detail, style and composition and with highly refined aesthetics
• The ability to work independently as well as in a team;
• Able to define and work with deadlines
• A thirst for learning new things and not afraid to explore
• Analytical skills and a research-driven mindset
• Broad interests (art, sociology, literature, psychology, fashion and lifestyle)
Working at Droog will give you the opportunity to sharpen your skills. Your creativity is highly valued in our team and we offer you the chance to further develop your profile in design thinking. The internship will benefit your deeper understanding of Droog’s unique project and program making in the field of urban design.
Please email your CV and a PDF portfolio (no more than 5MB) to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a motivation letter. Let us know what you think about Design+Desires and what you could add to our team and digital platform!